Who has never wished to visit the Christmas Market in Strasbourg?
The Christmas Market of Strasbourg is a tradition dating back to the Middle Age. Nowadays, it attracts more and more visitors to the Alsatian capital for a moment of joy and magic.
In a very unique atmosphere, immerse yourself in the heart of Strasbourg at the most beautiful time of the year and discover the illuminated façades at dusk, stroll through the stalls to discover craft creations and attend fascinating shows.
Take a walk under the snowflakes while smelling the bredle and mulled wine in the middle of the illuminated paths... and be enchanted.
For children and adults alike, the Strasbourg Christmas market has something magical about it, the streets and alleys, the frontages of the houses and the churches wear the most remarkable decoratives elements.
Take advantage of this moment of the year to visit the European Capital and you will fall in love with this city for sure.
Among the key places of this must-see event of the Strasbourg Capital, we have selected those not to be missed:
- Place Kléber: the must-see, the one that hosts the Great Christmas Tree, which is about 30 meters high. The place Kléber is the heart of the Christmas market, you will find some cottages and an ice rink!
- Illuminated docks: take a walk along the quai des Bateliers for a magical discovery of the illuminated half-timbered houses;
- The place Gutenberg: this is the unmissable place of the featured country, many stalls offers you typical and handcrafted creations representing the country;
- The Alsatian Chirstmas delicacies market (in front of the Palais des Rohan and the Place du Marché aux Poissons): everything is in the name, bredle, gingerbreads, wines and craft Christmas beers as well as foie gras, indulge yourself by discovering the flavours of the Alsatian terroir;
- Place des Meuniers: taste the best local produce, it brings together many local producers for you to taste 100% Alsatian products such as honey, jam, nougat, spirits…;
- The Off-market (Place Grimmeissen - Petite France): we invite you to discover Christmas under a different way, a friendly place where fair-trade, recycling and solidarity take all their meaning;
- The Alsatian museum: to discover or rediscover Alsace, visit this Renaissance style house.
Would you like to visit the European Capital during the Strasbourg Christmas Market?
We advise you to book your hotel as early as possible, this time of the year is very popular and hotel bookings are made months in advance.
Our aparthotels City Residence Strasbourg Centre and Strasbourg Access is ideally located for your future visit to Strasbourg. You can reach our hotel in a few minute walk from Central Station, put down your suitcases and discover the stalls, illuminated squares and magical shows.
You will find the famous Place Kléber or the Notre-Dame de Strasbourg Cathedral in just 15 minutes on foot.
Our apartments are functional and offer a full comfort of life thanks to their fully-equipped kitchenette.
We also offer a continental buffet breakfast and a private car park.
From November 22 to December 30, 2019
From 11am to 8pm every day (except 24/12, closing at 6pm; closed on 25/12, after 25/12, opening of some stalls only).
You will find all the necessary information on the official website of the Strasbourg Christmas Market.
Remember to book your hotel near the Christmas market in Strasbourg very early, indeed, the demand at this time of the year is very high, some hotel reservations are made 6 months in advance, book now your apart hotel in Strasbourg.
It is very pleasant to visit the Christmas market on weekdays, indeed, there are a lot less people and you will find accommodation more easily.
It is difficult to drive in the city centre of Strasbourg during the Christmas Market, you should make sure your hotel has a car park, City Residence Strasbourg Centre offers you a private parking.
Finally, do not miss the illuminations of the Christmas market at dusk.